During the past 8 months, January-August 2021, the Women’s Fund Armenia continued its philanthropic activities to develop the culture of feminist philanthropy in Armenia, to empower women and girls, funding their ideas and developing their capacities. In particular, the Fund announced 6 grant competitions, to which almost 200 individuals, women’s initiative groups and organizations applied. As a result of these 6 competitions, 43 individuals or women’s organizations received support to implement their ideas.
The announced grant competitions had different directions. In particular:
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights
- Research on feminist philanthropy in Armenia,
- Women’s economic stability and resilience programs,
- Support for creative ideas of women and girls,
- Feminist and Women’s Art Promotion Ideas,
- Support for women and girls in STEM fields.
The Fund has allocated $ 31,000 and about € 22,000 to implement these ideas.
In addition to grant programs and competitions, the Fund has organized and implemented a variety of capacity building trainings for its partners. In the picture below you can get acquainted with the topics of these trainings.
You can hear about the Fund’s activities over the past 8 months, as well as its upcoming programs, by watching this summary discussion (in Armenian).