Women’s Funds Armenia was established in 2018 and is aimed at supporting women’s movement building in Armenia. WFA provides necessary resources and tools to women’s organizations, women’s initiatives, activist feminists and scholars of women and gender issues to design and implement their ideas. Women’s Fund Armenia is determined to assist to the development of a feminist discourse, and to address main challenges that women and girls are facing today in Armenia.
Scope of WFA interests involves, but not limited to:
- Support to newly established women’s groups and initiatives in developing their strategic planning and setting the priorities;
- Support to implementation of projects related to sexual and reproductive health, especially in regions of Armenia;
- Support of the projects that deal with issues that are taboo in Armenia, particularly, awareness raising about sexual and gender-based violence against women and girls
- Support of initiatives implementing by women and girls from marginalized, vulnerable and underprivileged communities;
- Support of the initiatives designed and led by adolescent girls;
- Research on women’s and gender issues;
- Raising awareness about militarization and nationalism on women’s rights and choices;
- Implementation of projects that support activists and representatives of NGOs to avoid burnouts, as well as activities that are aimed at self-care and capacity development;
- Support to translations of feminist literature;
- Support to women and girls to develop business skills and promotion of social enterprises;
- Organization of study tours for feminist and women’s issue based organizations and initiatives to visit similar organizations and get acquainted with their work;
- Support to feminist art and creative activities
The Women’s Fund also provides grants for self-development of women and support them for recovering from professional burnout (psychological support, well-being skills).